In 1956, Lewis County Fire District 6 was established because of a fire at the Yard Birds that was outside the city limits. The first commissioners were Joe Kramer, Dean Murray and Howard Holt. The first Fire Chief was Noel Cole.
The commissioners borrowed $20,000 to purchase an engine, equipment, and have little money to run the district for the year. The first engine was purchased May 1957.
On May 01, 2001 the Advance Life Support (ALS) Program began. This new program allowed the district the ability to care and transport critically sick or injured patients.
"Dedicated to the protection of life, property, and the environment through professional service to the patrons of our community."
Our vision for the future growth and development of the organization is through adherence to our values. This will allow us to live our Mission Statement and be viewed as leaders in the service and protection of our patrons.
We believe the greatest asset to the organization is our PEOPLE and the key to our success and effectiveness is their teamwork.